03 February 2013

SK 2012: Ah chuketta~!

South Korea is definitely one of those places you'll never get tired of coming back to. Free visa, promo fares, cheap accommodation, convenient public transport, beautiful tourist destinations, tasty local food, shopping paradise, and really helpful locals. What more can you ask for? Probably a longer stay, that's what!
Photo credits: PleasureTripping.com, Skyscanner, Google, SheKnowsCanada
Our last day in Seoul was all a blur after we started packing our stuff. It was so hard trying to fit all of our clothes AND purchases in our luggage. Honestly, our room looked more like a WWF ring rather than an all girls room. We were all trying to lock down our suitcases by sitting on top of them or just hugging them tight until they give up and finally choke close down. It was so exhausting, I literally passed out while packing. In my defense, I don't over-pack. But I do over-buy and I try to fit everything in one luggage. Thanks to compressor bags, I can fit 30kgs worth of stuff into a 20-25kgs luggage. >:)

On our way back from Mr. Pizza, Faye and I had this crazy idea to skip going to bed and just stay awake until our red-eye flight back to Manila. We wanted to go around Hongdae one last time and get our pictures taken at Psy's billboard. Obviously, that didn't happen. Haha I couldn't even remember lying down. Or even putting one sock on. The next thing I know, Vanie was shaking me to get up. She was already dressed in her outdoor clothes so that woke me up pretty well.

It turns out, I fell asleep while organizing stuff in my handbag. Thankfully, I managed to finish all my check-in luggage. I actually put on a sock to get ready for our mini adventure. Unfortunately, I passed out before I even put on my other sock! HAHA We were so bangag at 4:30 AM, we all had boo-boo's of our own. But as a true friend, I wouldn't disclose the other girls' Oops! moments here. Just know that I wasn't alone in my kasabawan. Hihi

So I woke up in a semi-trance and just started shoving everything onto my handbag and put my other sock on, my boots, and my coat. I was out the door with all my things when I realized we were actually leaving Seoul. :(

And as if the feeling's mutual, we were greeted by Seoul's bitter cold weather as we walked out the door. It was so cold, it's like the wind is telling us to just stay indoors. We had to leave though whether we like it or not. So after fitting all our stuff in the call-van, we said our goodbyes to Mr. Choi. And we were off to the airport!

Since we had time (and wons) to spare, Faye and I went shopping while the others had breakfast at Lotteria. Funny how we kept coming back to the counter with more and more stuff until we've used up all our T-money and wons. When we're done, we went back to Lotteria to have breakfast and eat some of the lovely cupcakes Karen gave us. :)

And then it was time to finally board the plane. Sure, leaving Seoul made me sad. But the good news is, I slept all throughout the flight so it wasn't so bad.
When I got home, I realized I got a lot of Kim Soo Hyun stuff. And most of them were freebies. 8D Apparently, he's really hot in SK right now. His standees are everywhere! How I wish I could have seen the real thing though.
Lots and lots of service!
Oh and I also brought home a lot of service as Koreans like to call it which is basically the same as freebies. They're mostly free samples of beauty products.
You know you've had a great time when your map ends up looking like this. Seoul, once again you've been too nice! I'll see you soon, promise. Hopefully, in spring. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!