12 February 2013

New theatre crush alert!

My little brother, Karly, has been bugging me about Les Miz almost every day since the release of the film. He's probably the biggest Les Miz fan boy I know. Proof? He holds mini concerts every night singing songs from the soundtrack which eventually gets me singing along. I have to remind myself every now and then that this is the same boy who fell asleep watching Mamma Mia! and took a pass on Phantom of the Opera. Amazing what Les Miz can do, right?
Delicious.
So last weekend, I finally watched the 25th Anniversary Concert of Les Miserables in its 3-hour glory entirety. At the end of the day (you're another day older), I found myself not only hung up on the amazing soundtrack but totally crushing on Ramin Karimloo (or his voice or whatever) as well. Honestly, the first time I saw him as Enjolras, I thought he was a little old to be playing a school boy. But after I heard him sing, I was immediately sold. Before I know it, I'm listening to his renditions of Red and Black, I Dreamed a Dream, and Bring Him Home. Heck, I even downloaded his album. While his renditions are all equally moving, my personal favorites are Music of the Night and The Phantom of the Opera. I am a huge phan and with a voice like Ramin's? I'd choose the Phantom over Raoul anytime.
Why, gladly!
I'm not one to create bucket lists but I'm definitely putting seeing Ramin perform live on there. For now, I have to settle for my iPod and listen to musical soundtracks on a daily basis along with punk rock bands and today's biggest hits. Weird combination I know, but they make my ears happy so all is well.
P.S. I have nothing against Nick Jonas but he was definitely the Russell Crowe of the 25th Anniversary Concert. So here, I'll leave you with a "Bros before hoes" gif of Enjolras.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!