18 September 2012

My Best Friend's Wedding

Sabaw photos of the bridesmaid and the bride.
I just attended my best friend's wedding last night. Not in real life though but only in my dreams. Thank God!

I know I should've woken up happy, but I didn't. Not because of the man she's going to marry.* But because I did a terrible job as a bridesmaid. :(

The dream started with me waiting at SM's tricycle terminal. Daddy picked me up to drive me to the airport for a special event. I didn't know then that I was going to end up at my best friend's wedding but I woke up early anyway as I was clearly excited for something.

I was pretty confident I came to the airport earlier than I should but when I reached the departure area, I found out that my flight was moved to an earlier schedule. 6 AM! I was sure flustered as hell. I was definitely off to a bad start. >.<

Then the scene changed to my best friend talking with Tats in a beautiful garden. For some reason, they began practicing a dance number while talking about how late I was. Again.

While they were taking a break at what looked like an attic converted into a room, a guy suddenly stood up and walked to the balcony where he found me curled up in a ball. Hulog ng langit ang peg? The guy picked me up and brought me into the room and announced my arrival as if it's the most natural thing to do. Of course, it gets even weirder.

Next thing I know, I was dressed in a dark purple bridesmaid gown looking through my best friend's wedding souvenirs with a quizzical look on my face. At this point, I already know that my best friend was getting married. She was proudly telling me that her Tita picked out the wedding souvenirs herself which I strongly disliked. Yes, maldita pa rin even in my dreams. You can't blame my reaction though. She had incenses that smell weird as wedding giveaways! How could a BFF let that happen?? :((

Frustrated, I walked out of the room and decided to check on the reception instead. The place looked like a cross between a church and a lecture hall. But what was more shocking was that people were already lining up for the food when the wedding hasn't even started yet! QUE HORROR! I was furious and I was about to tell the servers to stop what they're doing when as I moved closer, I spotted daddy among the servers. HAHAHA Recognizing me, he began preparing all my favorites for me. I still can't believe what was happening but I gladly took the food he was giving me anyway. HAHA To make things even worse, the food started to run out while the guests just kept on pouring in!
15 years of friendship and counting!
Then I woke up. And I'm thankful I did before it got even worse. It was definitely a bridesmaid's nightmare! Or rather, a bride's nightmare? Whatever it was, I swear I won't let it happen in real life. Jona Myrrh, I promise I will do my best as a bridesmaid and  I won't let your wedding turn into a disaster!

*Heck, I didn't even see him last night. Sayang!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!