24 June 2012

You've been warned.

I finally finished my lengthy blog posts about our recent Sagada trip so this serves as a warning.  Promise, I tried to cut it down but the storyteller in me just won't shut up.  The upcoming posts are definitely tl;dr* worthy but hey, it's for documentation purposes so cut me some slack.  This blog serves as an extra page for me to write everything that won't fit in my teeny, tiny Filed planner.

To give this post a little more sense of purpose than just a warning, here's a teaser to my Sagad sa Sagada series which is a realization I've had saved in my e-mail drafts for quite a while:
So I just saw some photos from SaGGAs of their rescue operation of a spelunker who slipped in Sumaging Cave and suffered from hypothermia.  It sent chills down my spine (no pun intended) as I remembered my fall.  That FB post was enough for me to realize the gravity of the situation and how well our guides handled it.  It was another near-death experience for me right there.  Thank goodness, Kuya Kelvin acted quick enough and grabbed me by the hand before I crashed into the boulders waiting below.  Understandably, I will be forever grateful to him for saving my life.  And to God for always watching over me and for giving me another chance at life.  I hope the spelunker gets well soon.  Props to the guides of SaGGAs for being well-equipped and well-trained!
There you go.  Enjoy and brace yourselves for the upcoming flood!  Of blog posts that is.

*too long; didn't read

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!