01 July 2012

Eiga Sai 2012

So it's finally July and it only means one thing.  It's Eiga Sai season once again!  Eiga Sai is a Japanese film festival presented by The Japan Foundation, Manila as part of the celebration of Philippines-Japan Friendship Month held every July.  I have always been amused by Japanese culture so I make it a point to go every year.

I still remember my first Eiga Sai experience ever.  Instead of sleeping in, Nee-chan brought me along to watch Waterboys (starring Satoshi Tsumabuki) at the UP Film Institute one Saturday afternoon.  It was my first non-anime Japanese film that I watched and I loved it!  I enjoyed every minute and I was laughing my head off the whole time!  I was still in high school back then and up until now, I never missed a year.  After I graduated from college, I try my best to watch all the films year after year.  So naturally, when this year's schedule came out, I created our game plan within minutes.

Oh, and surprise surprise!  This year's featured film, Villain, stars Satoshi Tsumabuki!  Only this time, he's not wearing a speedo and is no longer part of a synchronized swimming team.  Oh how time flies!  I can't believe it's been eight years since I saw my first Eiga Sai film.

If you're interested, here are the screening schedules.  If I watch all those highlighted in green and everything goes according to plan, I'll be able to watch all films this year. :)
For more information regarding Eiga Sai, click here.  To get a PDF copy of the official Eiga Sai flyer which contains movie synopsis and screening schedules, click here.  See you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!