30 August 2012

Lost in Translation: Google Maps Edition

I love being a tourist but I also love feeling like a local whenever I go on trips so I do tons of research beforehand. My itinerary would always end up looking something like this:
OC freak
Of course, itineraries don't always get followed but I try! They only serve as guides so I don't overstay and lose track of time in a certain place. If you noticed, I always include directions (sometimes even pictures) whenever I create an itinerary because I'm terrible at reading maps and street signs. Being the OC freak that I am, I wanted to see if I could easily follow the directions I put in so I tried finding my way to our hanok stay* guesthouse via Google Maps. After a lot of wrong turns, I finally found the right place. Yay!
Friends House
I kept on looking for the Arim Stationery store (one of the landmarks the guesthouse gave us) only to find out their sign's written in Hangul! No wonder I couldn't find it easily. Good thing, I took time to try and learn how to read and write in Hangul. See, I take my research seriously. Haha
Arim Stationery
*Hanok Stay refers to staying in a traditional Korean house. It is a good opportunity to experience traditional Korean lifestyle and culture. - Korea Tourism Organization

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!