21 May 2013

A little too late?

I woke up this morning thinking of ways to help my sister's friend out who is in dire need of blood donors. Since both Nee-chan and I couldn't donate because of being recently vaccinated with anti-rabies, I couldn't just sit around doing nothing. I composed the following call for donors while taking a shower:
Help someone win her fight against cancer. Or at least regain the strength to do it. If it wasn't for cancer, she would've been reviewing for the bar exam right now instead of going through a series of pain. She's probably the only person I know who took up law to become a PAO (Public Attorney's Office) lawyer. She wanted to make a difference but now, she needs us to make a difference. If you think you're healthy enough, please get screened and donate blood to Jill Hernandez at UST Hospital. If for some reason you can't, you can still help out by including her in your prayers. She's in a delicate state right now, even her friends aren't allowed to visit in fear of contracting viruses.
"Jill, lumaban ka ha. Di ko talaga kakayanin pag wala ka." - Mrs. Hernandez 
If you can't do it for a stranger, do it for her mom. Every blood counts. Every prayer warrior counts. Thanks.
I was just about to post it on social networking sites when I received a text from Nee-chan saying Jill's already gone. Just like that. Life is too fragile indeed. The thing with cancer is you'll never know when it'll get you. I've lost loved ones to cancer and each one of them put up a good fight. Jill put up a good fight. She had the strength to survive 3 years in UP Law and battle cancer in a year. May you find rest and peace in your Savior's loving arms, Jill. No need to be in pain now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!